- Are insurance agents, brokers or underwriters eligible for membership in SRMC?
Are risk managers eligible for membership in SRMC?
Only if also engaged in the practice of risk management consulting. Please refer to the Requirements for Membership.
How long will the application process take?
Generally speaking, the process will take at least three to six months. Final approval takes place at the semi-annual meetings of the SRMC so the time frame is affected by the time an application is received.
May I attend a SRMC meeting while my application is being considered?
Yes, in fact, meeting attendance is required before you can become a member and you are encouraged to attend a meeting as early in the process as possible. Please contact the Membership Committee Chair for information on the next scheduled SRMC Conference.
What types of Educational Sessions are presented at SRMC’s meetings?
SRMC’s educational sessions are among the most advanced in the industry. Topics range from cutting edge risk management practices to ways to improve your own consulting practice. A listing of past conference educational sessions is available here for your review.
What are the current annual dues for SRMC Membership (as of January 2015)?
The current SRMC Membership dues are:
- Firms with 1 to 3 consultants $300
- Firms with 4 to 6 consultants $600
- Firms with 7 to 10 consultants $900
- Firms with 11 or more consultants $1,200
Effective January 1, 2018, the following firm dues will be:
- Firms with 1 to 3 consultants $330
- Firms with 4 to 6 consultants $660
- Firms with 7 to 10 consultants $990
- Firms with 11 or more consultants $1,320